Neurodermatitis (atopic dermatitis, atopic eczema) is a chronic inflammatory but not contagious skin condition. The skin is scaly, reddened and itchy. 10-15% of children and 1-2% of adults suffer from neurodermatitis.
It is believed that the skin of a neurodermatitis patient is not healthy even in non-complaining phases. In neurodermatitis, the protective function of the skin is not in tact, because the slightest contact with physical, chemical or microbial stimuli can lead to inflammation.
Help from nature
In neurodermatics, the body's natural balance is out of joint. As a result, they are particularly sensitive to chemical stimuli. But luckily, naturopathy offers various ways to strengthen and regulate the unbalanced organism.
Our gut decides what we're made of
Our gut alone decides which nutrients enter our bodies and which are excreted. If the intestine is not able to perform this task properly, this will inevitably lead to problems throughout the organism, because important components of food cannot be absorbed by the body.
Around 500 different bacterial species should colonize a gut, which help digest our food. They also play a crucial role in our immune defences. However, unhealthy diets with little fibre, preservatives and medicines (especially antibiotics) add to our gut bacteria and lead to a shift in germ colonization.
Disorders of the acid-base balance
Source: Schäfer, R.: Dtsch Arztbl 2005; 102: A 1896; 1899 [Heft 26]
"Disorders in the acid-base household are common, but they are often overlooked in practice. […] Especially in patients with renal insufficiency, diabetes, cirrhosis of the liver, emphysema, diarrhea or chronic vomiting as well as under existing diuretic therapy, one should think of disorders of the acid-base household.
Acidification of the body and the consequences
- Acids clog the blood vessels. This leads to atherosclerosis and high blood pressure with severe consequences.
- Acids are deposited in the joints and cause severe pain (arthritis, osteoarthritis, gout and rheumatism).
- Acids create kidney, bile and bladder stones.
- The acids are deposited in the smallest vessels of the eye retina and thus lead to premature mistreatment
- Acids nest in the hair floor and let the hair fail.
- Acids are deposited in the skin and makes it age faster.
- The body forms depots for acids-especially in women, cellulite is increasingly produced.
- Acids create acne and age spots.